Training for Private Investors
Our Creative Accounting and Fraud Detection Course has been developed for enthusiastic private investors and small institutions. Held at a City location over the course of a day, it is designed to help investors detect earnings manipulation, and better evaluate the quality of a company's earnings. Packed with real-life examples of accounting chicanery, attendees will learn about
- Accounting policy tricks companies use to flatter their earnings.
- Working capital ratios, and how best to modify them to detect early revenue recognition
- Expense capitalisation – how companies defer recognition of liabilities
- How companies fake profits using related party transactions
- Cash Flow Manipulation - how cash from operations can be boosted to make companies appear more valuable
The course has over 100 real life examples of accounting chicanery and 6 in-depth case studies. Delivered by a veteran analyst with 30+ years of experience, it also draws on a number of relevant academic studies. The content is similar to our institutional course, but has been adapted for private investors.
Our next courses will be held on November 9 and 16 from 8.30am to 5pm. Venue is 35 New Broad St. Price is £599, although we are offering the first few attendees an early bird discount of £100. This includes a light breakfast, lunch, all refreshments during the day, and post event drinks.
To register, please contact us and we shall give you the full details.